There is something about the promise of life that comes along with Easter. Easter has always been my favorite holiday. Crocus’ popping up through the slushy ground. Songbirds beginning to sing in the trees…to me…..that is perfect!
It goes without saying then, that I love to decorate for Easter. I fill my home with the beauty of springtime- birds, flowers, bunnies and pops of pastel colors.
The dining room table always takes center stage for me and my family. Of course- that’s where the food is!!
I will share step by step details on how to decorate your dining room table for Easter. You too, can decorate like a pro this year.
Step 1: Table Linens. Make sure all your table linens are washed and pressed. (Don’t put a wrinkled tablecloth on the table.)
- Table Runners
Step 2: Centerpiece. Start in the middle with the “main attraction”. After you have that placed, begin to fill in around it.
- Floral (artificial or live)
- Nods to Nature (mini statues of bunnies or little birds nests- don’t leave it out! It is critical to add nature to your tablescape. Without it, your design will look stale and rigid.)
Step 3: Dinnerware.
Stack the dinnerware in order from bottom to top-
- Charger (never forget to use a charger)
- Dinner plate
- Salad plate
- Dessert dish
Step 4: Stemware and Flatware
- Stemware- (I opted for a footed glass here in place of having a water glass and wine glass. This saved on space and makes the setting a bit more casual)
- Flatware- salad fork, dinner fork, spoon, knife and dessert spoon. (In their correct places)
Step 5: Serveware. While you are creating the tablescape, don’t forget you will need to have a good place for all the serveware. Somewhere for the rolls, the butter dish, the cassarole, jell-o salad, and the veggies.
Step 6: The Buffet. You will need to set up the buffet for all the overflow. The water pitcher, ice bucket, coffee carafe, the ham and the dessert. Oh yes….the dessert!
The cakes and cupcakes you see on the table were baked and decorated by Stacey Kline with Mrs. Stacey Cakes. Stay tuned for her tutorial on cake decorating this week. The recipes for both the frosting and cakes will be posted too. Trust me- you don’t want to miss out on her secrets!